Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Birthdays!

Two of my favorite people have August birthdays!  My BFF, Jennifer and my Grandma Swan.  I set out to make them both a card that will go with their taste!  The paisley card was for Jennifer.  Jennifer is a very classy lady and I think this card is classy too!  The card base is a navy color from Creative Memories (don't know the name of the color) and the front is CTMH Colonial White.  Behind the C. White is some brown cardstock from a Bazzill Fourz pack.  I saved the brown sheer ribbon from a gift someone gave me.  I don't EVER throw ribbon away that comes on gifts.  I always find somewhere to use it!!  The stamps, ink and markers are all from CTMH.  I love the accents with Diamond Stickles!!  This card is one of my favorite items that I have made.  Inside I used a piece of Colonial White and stamped a few of the small flowers in the corners. 
My Grandma Swan loves GREEN!  I used Sweet Leaf cardstock from CTMH to make the card base.  I had the roses and embellishments from K&Company.  I stamped Happy Birthday in the middle of the cardstock embellishment with CTMH Ink and Stamps.  I added a strip of pink Bazzill Swiss Dot cardstock.  I used a little bit of ink around the edges of the card and on the pink strip so that I could tie together the differences in the pink colors a little.  I used some Stickles glitter glue around the center embellishment to give it extra sparkle.  Inside I used another embellishment tag that said "Beautiful You".  It came out super Kawaii! 

No comments:

Post a Comment