Friday, September 3, 2010

GAME TIME Layout

I LOVE my job here in Japan!  I teach English conversation to Japanese students.  The children's favorite time is the last 10-15 minutes of class when we have GAME TIME!  We always play American games like UNO, Spoons, matching games, etc.  They love JENGA!!  I handed a student the camera and here are the pics he took!  Marina, Takuro, Haruki and Jun are in the pictures.  I used my Cricut cartridge, Simply Sweet, to make the letters.  The patterned cardstock is Martha Stewart.  The sand and holiday red (around pics) is CTMH cardstock.  The letters were all cut from Bazzill cardstock.  The red letters are Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock.  I cut the letters at 1 1/2" on the Cricut Expression.  I think the letters come out much nicer when you cut the shadow layer out for them. 



If you look at the two pictures above, you will see that I cut out around a few of the "log" circles and tucked the picture underneath.  I also cut out the bird on the log and did the same.  Great way to add interest to the pictures without having extra embellishments.  I added some white hand detailing to the "Game Time" and black hand detailing to the "Jenga" to give it a more polished look.  This came out so nice!  I've got to get more pics of the students!  :)
I also made a sign to hang up in class from the Hello Kitty Font cardtridge.  Here it is:  Kawaii!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment