Tuesday, August 24, 2010

LOVE Card

I LOVE how this card came together!  I have really started to understand the importance of color in my scrapbooking/cardmaking.  I really try to match my colors as closely as possible.  It makes the whole project come out more polished.  The green in the flowers really matched up with the green cardstock.  The gingham flowers are so cute!  Using the black ink in different things on the front also brought the card together nicely.  The "Love" is from CTMH font set and I used CTMH ink.  I have always loved adding hand inked details to my projects.  The dot/dash pattern around the inset and the "xoxo" truly conveys that I put love and care into this card.  I'm no artist, only a patient fan of cardmaking/scrapbooking so I could use some work on my hand finishes.  If you want to see some work from someone who truly does an amazing job on the hand details, check out Pinke McGreevy's blog at: http://expressionbypinke.blogspot.com/.  She has awesome talent and I love looking at her designs!  For this card I used Bazzill Bling cardstock to make the card base.  I used Bazzill pink cardstock and ran it through the cuttlebug to add the embossed hearts.  The colonial white cardstock and the organdy ribbon is from CTMH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment